What's Fernhill like?
There are lots of things that visitors like about Fernhill, especially its restaurants and historical sites. Travellers like this romantic neighbourhood for its rich culture and fantastic lake views. Take time to see the sights such as Lake Wakatipu while you're here. Bob's Peak and Kiwi and Birdlife Park are a couple of places to see nearby.
How to get to Fernhill
Fernhill is located 1.3 mi (2.1 km) from the heart of Queenstown.
- Queenstown (ZQN-Queenstown Intl.), 5.3 mi (8.5 km) from Fernhill
Things to see and do in and around Fernhill
Things to see near Fernhill:
- Lake Wakatipu (4.3 mi/6.9 km away)
- TSS Earnslaw Steamship (1.3 mi/2 km away)
- Moke Lake (4.1 mi/6.6 km away)
- Bob's Peak (1.1 mi/1.8 km away)
- Church of St Peters (1.5 mi/2.3 km away)
Things to do near Fernhill:
- Kiwi and Birdlife Park (1.3 mi/2.1 km away)
- Queenstown Gardens (1.3 mi/2.1 km away)
- Skycity Queenstown Casino (1.4 mi/2.2 km away)
- Onsen Hot Pools (4.8 mi/7.7 km away)
- Skyline Luge (1.1 mi/1.8 km away)
When is the best time to visit Queenstown?
- Hottest months: January, February, December, March (average 11°C)
- Coldest months: July, June, August, May (average 5°C)
- Rainiest months: December, January, October, November (average 93 mm of rainfall)