What's Sunshine Bay like?
If you're looking for the perfect part of the city to explore, why not visit Sunshine Bay? Nature lovers can visit Lake Wakatipu. Queenstown Gardens and Bob's Peak are a couple of places to see nearby.
How to get to Sunshine Bay
Sunshine Bay is located 1.8 mi (2.9 km) from the heart of Queenstown.
- Queenstown (ZQN-Queenstown Intl.), 5.6 mi (9.1 km) from Sunshine Bay
Things to see and do in and around Sunshine Bay
Things to see near Sunshine Bay:
- Lake Wakatipu (3.9 mi/6.2 km away)
- Bob's Peak (1.7 mi/2.7 km away)
- Moke Lake (4.3 mi/6.9 km away)
- TSS Earnslaw Steamship (1.7 mi/2.7 km away)
- Church of St Peters (1.9 mi/3 km away)
Things to do near Sunshine Bay:
- Queenstown Gardens (1.6 mi/2.7 km away)
- Kiwi and Birdlife Park (1.8 mi/2.9 km away)
- Skycity Queenstown Casino (1.8 mi/2.9 km away)
- Steamer Wharf (1.7 mi/2.7 km away)
- Skyline Luge (1.7 mi/2.8 km away)
When is the best time to visit Queenstown?
- Hottest months: January, February, December, March (average 11°C)
- Coldest months: July, June, August, May (average 5°C)
- Rainiest months: December, January, October, November (average 93 mm of rainfall)