What's Fitzroy like?
In Fitzroy, you can spend time exploring the museums, bars and gardens. You'll find a selection of cafes and shops in the neighbourhood. With a trip to Brunswick Street or Smith Street, you might find the perfect souvenir. There's plenty more to see, including Sutton Gallery and Rose Street Artists' Market.
How to get to Fitzroy
Fitzroy is located 1.4 mi (2.2 km) from the heart of Melbourne.
- Melbourne Airport (MEL), 11.5 mi (18.5 km) from Fitzroy
- Melbourne, VIC (MEB-Essendon), 6.8 mi (10.9 km) from Fitzroy
Things to see and do in and around Fitzroy
Things to see near Fitzroy:
- Carlton Gardens (0.5 mi/0.7 km away)
- Royal Exhibition Building (0.5 mi/0.7 km away)
- St Patrick's Cathedral (0.7 mi/1.1 km away)
- Parliament House of Victoria (0.8 mi/1.2 km away)
- Fitzroy Gardens (0.8 mi/1.3 km away)
Things to do in Fitzroy
- Brunswick Street
- Sutton Gallery
- Smith Street
- Rose Street Artists' Market
- Gertrude Contemporary Art Space
When is the best time to visit Melbourne?
- Hottest months: February, January, March, December (average 18°C)
- Coldest months: July, June, August, September (average 10°C)
- Rainiest months: June, May, January, February (average 29 mm of rainfall)