What's Port Melbourne like?If you're in search of the perfect area to explore, why not consider Port Melbourne? Take time to see places such as Station Pier and Westgate Bridge while you're here. There's plenty more to see, including South Melbourne Beach and Westgate Park.
How to get to Port MelbournePort Melbourne is located 2.8 mi (4.5 km) from the heart of Melbourne.
- Melbourne Airport (MEL), 11.2 mi (18 km) from Port Melbourne
- Melbourne, VIC (MEB-Essendon), 6.7 mi (10.8 km) from Port Melbourne
- Melbourne, VIC (AVV-Avalon), 27.7 mi (44.5 km) from Port Melbourne
Things to see and do in and around Port Melbourne
What to see in Port Melbourne
- Station Pier
- Westgate Bridge
- South Melbourne Beach
- Westgate Park
- Sandridge Beach
Things to do near Port Melbourne:
- Crown Casino and Entertainment Complex (2.5 mi/4 km away)
- The District Docklands (1.6 mi/2.6 km away)
- DFO South Wharf (2.1 mi/3.4 km away)
- Festival Hall (2.1 mi/3.4 km away)
- Flemington Racecourse (2.4 mi/3.9 km away)
When is the best time to visit Melbourne?
- Hottest months: February, January, March, December (average 18°C)
- Coldest months: July, June, August, September (average 10°C)
- Rainiest months: June, May, January, February (average 29 mm of rainfall)