What's Newcastle West like?
There are lots of things that visitors like about Newcastle West, especially its restaurants. You can take time to discover this walkable neighbourhood's shops and waterfront. Take time to see the sights such as NEX while you're here. Newcastle Civic Theater and Merewether Beach are two places to visit nearby.
How to get to Newcastle West
Newcastle West is located 1.2 mi (1.9 km) from the heart of Newcastle.
- Newcastle, NSW (NTL-Williamtown), 9.7 mi (15.7 km) from Newcastle West
Things to see and do in and around Newcastle West
Things to see near Newcastle West:
- NEX (0.4 mi/0.6 km away)
- Newcastle Civic Theater (0.7 mi/1.1 km away)
- Merewether Beach (1.4 mi/2.2 km away)
- Newcastle Showground (1.4 mi/2.3 km away)
- Newcastle Beach (1.5 mi/2.4 km away)
Things to do near Newcastle West:
- Merewether Ocean Baths (1.6 mi/2.6 km away)
- Westfield Kotara (3 mi/4.8 km away)
- Charlestown Square (4.6 mi/7.4 km away)
- Newcastle Museum (0.7 mi/1.1 km away)
- Newcastle Golf Club (4.5 mi/7.2 km away)
When is the best time to visit Newcastle?
- Hottest months: January, February, December, March (average 23°C)
- Coldest months: July, August, June, September (average 15°C)
- Rainiest months: March, February, June, November (average 144 mm of rainfall)