What's Georgetown like?
If you want to find the perfect part of town to visit, consider Georgetown. Places such as Newcastle International Sports Centre and Newcastle Showground are just a little farther away. Newcastle International Hockey Centre and Blackbutt Reserve are a couple of places to see nearby.
How to get to Georgetown
Georgetown is located 3.1 mi (5 km) from the heart of Newcastle.
- Newcastle, NSW (NTL-Williamtown), 9.6 mi (15.4 km) from Georgetown
Things to see and do in and around Georgetown
Things to see near Georgetown:
- Newcastle International Sports Centre (0.7 mi/1.1 km away)
- Newcastle Showground (0.9 mi/1.4 km away)
- Newcastle International Hockey Centre (0.9 mi/1.4 km away)
- University of Newcastle (2 mi/3.2 km away)
- Blackbutt Reserve (2.5 mi/4.1 km away)
Things to do near Georgetown:
- Westfield Kotara (2.6 mi/4.2 km away)
- Newcastle Civic Theater (2.7 mi/4.3 km away)
- Merewether Ocean Baths (3.3 mi/5.3 km away)
- Charlestown Square (4.4 mi/7 km away)
- Newcastle Museum (2.6 mi/4.2 km away)
When is the best time to visit Newcastle?
- Hottest months: January, February, December, March (average 23°C)
- Coldest months: July, August, June, September (average 15°C)
- Rainiest months: March, February, June, November (average 144 mm of rainfall)