What's Charlestown like?
In Charlestown, you can easily get to the beach or simply visit the restaurants. You can take time to discover this family-friendly neighbourhood's shops and spas. Take time to see places such as Charlestown Square and Twin Creeks Reserve while you're here. There's plenty more to see, including Carbeen Street Reserve.
How to get to Charlestown
Charlestown is located 5.5 mi (8.9 km) from the heart of Newcastle.
- Newcastle, NSW (NTL-Williamtown), 13.8 mi (22.3 km) from Charlestown
Things to see and do in and around Charlestown
What to see in Charlestown
- Twin Creeks Reserve
- Carbeen Street Reserve
Things to do near Charlestown:
- Charlestown Square (0.1 mi/0.1 km away)
- Westfield Kotara (1.7 mi/2.8 km away)
- Merewether Ocean Baths (3.6 mi/5.8 km away)
- Newcastle Showground (3.8 mi/6.2 km away)
- Newcastle supa putt golf (3.8 mi/6.1 km away)
When is the best time to visit Newcastle?
- Hottest months: January, February, December, March (average 22°C)
- Coldest months: July, August, June, September (average 14°C)
- Rainiest months: February, November, January, March (average 89 mm of rainfall)