What's Swansea like?
If you're in search of the perfect part of the city to explore, consider Swansea. Nature lovers can visit Lake Macquarie. Belmont Golf Course and Catherine Hill Beach are two places to visit nearby.
How to get to Swansea
Swansea is located 13.7 mi (22.1 km) from the heart of Newcastle.
- Newcastle, NSW (NTL-Williamtown), 22.7 mi (36.6 km) from Swansea
Things to see and do in and around Swansea
Things to see near Swansea:
- Lake Macquarie (3.6 mi/5.9 km away)
- Catherine Hill Beach (4.2 mi/6.8 km away)
- Byrnes Reserve (0.5 mi/0.8 km away)
- Moon Island Nature Reserve (2.2 mi/3.5 km away)
- Pulbah Island Nature Reserve (2.5 mi/4 km away)
When is the best time to visit Newcastle?
- Hottest months: January, February, December, March (average 23°C)
- Coldest months: July, August, June, September (average 15°C)
- Rainiest months: March, February, June, November (average 144 mm of rainfall)