What's South Hobart like?
While in South Hobart, you can spend time appreciating the art scene. Learn about local heritage at landmarks such as Cascade Brewery and Cascades Female Factory Historic Site. There's plenty more to see, including Wellington Park and St Peter's Lutheran Church.
How to get to South Hobart
South Hobart is located 1 mi (1.6 km) from the heart of Hobart.
- Hobart International Airport (HBA), 10.3 mi (16.6 km) from South Hobart
Things to see and do in and around South Hobart
What to see in South Hobart
- Cascades Female Factory Historic Site
- Wellington Park
- St Peter's Lutheran Church
- Knocklofty Park
- Waterworks Reserve
Things to do near South Hobart:
- Louisa's Walk (1.2 mi/2 km away)
- Salamanca Market (0.9 mi/1.5 km away)
- Brooke Street Pier (1 mi/1.6 km away)
- Salamanca Place (1 mi/1.6 km away)
- Maritime Museum of Tasmania (1.1 mi/1.7 km away)
When is the best time to visit Hobart?
- Hottest months: January, February, March, December (average 17°C)
- Coldest months: August, July, September, June (average 9°C)
- Rainiest months: August, June, November, May (average 69 mm of rainfall)