What's Reading City Centre like?
There are lots of things that visitors like about Reading City Centre, especially its bars. Enjoy the neighbourhood's festivals and river views. Take in some culture at Reading Museum and Town Hall and Hexagon. There's plenty more to see, including Oracle and Kennet & Avon Canal.
How to get to Reading City Centre
- Heathrow Airport (LHR), 22.4 mi (36.1 km) from Reading City Centre
- Oxford (OXF), 29.8 mi (47.9 km) from Reading City Centre
Travelling to Reading City Centre by train
You'll find the following train stations in the neighbourhood:
- Reading Station
- Reading (XRE-Reading Train Station)
Things to see and do in and around Reading City Centre
What to see in Reading City Centre
- Kennet & Avon Canal
- Reading Central Library
- Reading Abbey Ruins
- Forbury Gardens
- Minster Church of St Mary the Virgin
Things to do in Reading City Centre
- Reading Museum and Town Hall
- John Lewis Reading
- Broad Street Mall
When is the best time to visit Reading?
- Hottest months: July, August, June, September (average 16°C)
- Coldest months: January, February, March, December (average 5°C)
- Rainiest months: November, December, October, January (average 88 mm of rainfall)