YOUR GUEST ROOM:
At Rendezvous by the Sea, we have two separate guest rooms with their own private entrance and patio area. They are in a separate building a way from the main villa, and to distinguish the two separate guests’ rooms from each other we have named them La Mer and Le Jardin. La Mer is the top guest room, and Le Jardin is the bottom guest room. They can be rented together or separately. It is an ideal romantic getaway for couples because of the quiet, serenity and beauty of this place.
Each guest room has their own private entrance and patio area, en-suite bathroom, whisper-quiet split air conditioner, recently upgraded and decorated with new bedroom furniture, linens, and towels. Each patio has built in bench seating, dining bistro table, and chairs for two.
This listing is La Mer.
Upon your arrival, a welcome basket greets you with your choice of:
•a bottle of red or white wine or rum, or
•a six pack of St. John Brewers world famous Summer Pale Ale, or beer of your choice.
•a selection of fresh fruit, pastries, and yogurt for your first morning
Please note that the water at Rendezvous by the Sea is collected from rainwater that is treated with a dual filtration system then ultra violet light for maximum purification. Unlike most rentals, our water is perfectly safe to drink.
Our guest rooms are called La Mer and Le Jardin. The rooms face out over the bay with panoramic views of the ocean and St. John. Both have a whisper-quiet split air conditioner, or, for those who prefer a more natural experience, the room has 2 sliding glass doors with screens, and a ceiling fan. It is furnished with a new king size bed with a deluxe pillow top mattress and super soft 680 thread count Pima cotton sheets and 4 deluxe soft king size hypoallergenic down pillows.
We are oceanfront so it is easy to fall asleep listening to the gentle sounds of the waves below and for those who like to sleep late, your guest room is equipped with light reducing curtains.
The guest room is equipped with a mini fridge, microwave, Keurig coffee maker with a selection of coffees and teas, wine glasses and opener, Brita water pitcher with filter and water glasses, plates and bowls, forks, knives and spoons for 2, linen napkins, cutting board with sharp knife, kitchen towel, and paper towels/sponge/dish liquid. We also provide a yoga mat should you like to practice during your stay.
The spacious bathroom has a large walk-in shower. Complimentary Shikai Natural shampoo, conditioner and body wash are provided as are 4 sets of ultra-soft bath towels, hand towels and wash cloths.
There is a wall-mounted 34” flat screen HD TV with a Roku player. Roku player will let you stream from your own Netflix, Amazon and Hulu account. High-speed wifi provided at no additional charge.
Your private porch is cool and breezy and furnished with large, luxuriously cushioned bench seating for you to relax and enjoy the sounds and view of the ocean and the waves. For your outdoor dining pleasure, a bar height bistro table and chairs for 2.
We have a deep octagon pool that is perfect for dipping and relaxing. It is a shared pool for all our guests. We have reclining lounge chairs with ottomans by the pool for your sunbathing pleasure. We also have a sitting area below the pool to relax, drink a cocktail and watch the ocean and its breathtaking surroundings.
For trips to St. John’s spectacular beaches, we provide beach chairs, cooler, two plush oversize beach towels, and snorkel gear.
Rendezvous by the Sea has its own rocky beach. We have a path from the villa to the beach below. The path is steep, so good walking sandals (not flip flops) are required. Enjoy Monte Bay where great snorkeling can be had when the waters are calm. Our rocky/coral beach is great for beachcombing. Please do not remove any shells or coral from our shore, but definitely take lots of pictures. Also on the beach you will find an orange tandem kayak belonging to Rendezvous by the Sea. Please let us know when you want to borrow it and we will provide you with paddles and life vests. Depending on the wind and current, we recommend only kayaking in our bay and on a calm day it is a 30 minute kayak over to Klein Bay Beach.
HOUSE RULES & NOTES FOR RENDEZVOUS BY THE SEA
- We are a no smoking villa. .
- Check–In is 3:00 pm and Check-Out is 11:00 am. If early check–in and/or late check-out is requested & available, a fee may apply.
- Please plan to arrive at Rendezvous by the Sea no later than 7:00 pm. If you are arriving after 8:00 pm, please contact us in advance to make arrangements.
- Please help us conserve water! Everyone on St. John gets their water from rainfall collected from the roof in large tanks under the house so we ask that you be conservative with your water usage. Our water, unlike most other rentals, is treated by dual filtration and ultra violet light to kill any bacteria and is perfectly safe to drink.
- Please conserve electricity! Electricity in the Virgin Islands is several times what it costs in the States. Please be mindful of electricity use: turn off all lights, fans, fountains and A/C when not in the studio. Your conservation allows us to offer you such reasonable rates.
- In the event of a power outage, please do not use any water (flushing the toilet, taking a shower) until the power comes back on. We do have a generator at the villa and we will turn it on if needed.
- Please do not leave any food out in the open either on the deck or in the guest room. Place all open, non-refrigerated items in the ziplock bags provided and any refrigerated items in your fridge.
- We provide you with a covered trash bin. Please tie up your trash bags provided and discard them daily.
- Please hose off all beach and sandy gear (ask us where). Sand is a very precious natural resource and should be left on the beach. There is a hose provided for your use to wash your beach chairs, feet and any sandy gear.
- We provide 2 large plush beach towels. Do not take the bath towels to the beach.
- We urge you to make use of the St. John guide books provided, but please do not take them out onto the beach or on the water with you.
- ABSOLUTELY nothing in toilet but toilet paper. No feminine hygiene products or wet wipes or any other paper items or foreign objects. There are no municipal sewage systems here on St. John to flush into. Instead every home has a self contained sewage treatment system. These systems are eco friendly and very sensitive and do not tolerate anything but toilet paper or they will malfunction and back up. Trust us, not something you ever want to experience.
- ABSOLUTELY nothing down the bathroom sink as well. Same system as above.
-While you will enjoy total privacy on your own deck your hosts also live on the premises so we ask that you be considerate and keep the noise levels down. If you want to get wild and loud please visit one of St. John's nightspots.