What's Sankrail like?
If you're in search of the perfect part of the city to explore, why not consider Sankrail? Visit places such as Botanical Gardens and Eden Gardens when you venture just outside the neighbourhood. Howrah Bridge and Alipore Zoo are two places to visit nearby.
How to get to Sankrail
Sankrail is located 6.8 mi (11 km) from the heart of Howrah.
- Kolkata (CCU-Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Intl.), 11.3 mi (18.2 km) from Sankrail
Things to see and do in and around Sankrail
Things to see near Sankrail:
- Botanical Gardens (2.4 mi/3.8 km away)
- Eden Gardens (4.4 mi/7 km away)
- Howrah Bridge (4.5 mi/7.2 km away)
- Victoria Memorial (4.9 mi/7.9 km away)
- Fort William (4.2 mi/6.8 km away)
Things to do near Sankrail:
- Alipore Zoo (4.7 mi/7.6 km away)
- Indian Museum (5 mi/8 km away)
- Calcutta Stock Exchange (4.6 mi/7.4 km away)
- National Library (5 mi/8 km away)
When is the best time to visit Howrah?
- Hottest months: April, May, March, June (average 29°C)
- Coldest months: January, December, February, November (average 21°C)
- Rainiest months: March, August, July, September (average 417 mm of rainfall)