What's North Ward like?
North Ward is notable for its beach access. Enjoy this a walkable neighbourhood's island views. Spend an afternoon at Great Barrier Reef or Strand Waterpark. There's plenty more to see, including The Strand Beach and Strand Park.
How to get to North Ward
North Ward is located 0.6 mi (1 km) from the heart of Townsville.
- Townsville, QLD (TSV), 3 mi (4.9 km) from North Ward
Things to see and do in and around North Ward
What to see in North Ward
- The Strand Beach
- Strand Park
- Strand Rockpool
- Castle Hill
- Great Barrier Reef
Things to do in North Ward
- Townsville Sports Reserve
- Strand Waterpark
- Jezzine Barracks
- Army Museum North Queensland
When is the best time to visit Townsville?
- Hottest months: January, December, February, November (average 27°C)
- Coldest months: July, June, August, May (average 21°C)
- Rainiest months: January, February, March, December (average 200 mm of rainfall)