What's The Gap like?
In The Gap, you can spend time visiting the shops or simply enjoy the restaurants. Take in some culture at Alice Springs Transport Heritage Centre and National Pioneer Women's Hall of Fame. There's plenty more to see, including Heritage Walk and Royal Flying Doctor Service.
How to get to The Gap
The Gap is located 1.1 mi (1.8 km) from the heart of Alice Springs.
- Alice Springs, NT (ASP), 6.3 mi (10.2 km) from The Gap
Things to see and do in and around The Gap
Things to see near The Gap:
- Heritage Walk (0.6 mi/1 km away)
- Alice Springs Convention Centre (0.3 mi/0.5 km away)
- Alice Springs School of the Air (2.6 mi/4.1 km away)
- Alice Springs Desert Park (2.8 mi/4.5 km away)
- Alice Springs Telegraph Station (3 mi/4.9 km away)
Things to do in The Gap
- Alice Springs Transport Heritage Centre
- National Pioneer Women's Hall of Fame
- Royal Flying Doctor Service
When is the best time to visit Alice Springs?
- Hottest months: January, February, December, November (average 28°C)
- Coldest months: July, June, August, May (average 14°C)
- Rainiest months: January, February, November, December (average 45 mm of rainfall)