What's Kensington like?
People go to Kensington to see attractions such as Natural History Museum and to explore its green spaces such as Hyde Park.
Take time to enjoy the neighbourhood's museums and selection of cafes. There's plenty more to see, including Kensington Roof Gardens and Kensington High Street.
How to get to Kensington
Kensington is located 2.9 mi (4.6 km) from the heart of London.
- Heathrow Airport (LHR), 11.2 mi (18.1 km) from Kensington
- London (LCY-London City), 10.5 mi (16.8 km) from Kensington
- Gatwick Airport (LGW), 23.9 mi (38.4 km) from Kensington
Getting to Kensington on the metro
Stations in the neighbourhood include:
- High Street Kensington Station
- Notting Hill Gate Underground Station
- Gloucester Road Underground Station
Things to see and do in and around Kensington
What to see in Kensington
- Hyde Park
- Kensington Roof Gardens
- Kensington Palace
- Holland Park
- Kensington Gardens
Things to do in Kensington
- Natural History Museum
- Kensington High Street
- Design Museum
- Cromwell Road
- Royal Albert Hall
Other popular Kensington attractions
- Royal Geographical Society
- Science Museum
- Victoria and Albert Museum
- Kensington Church Street
- Notting Hill Coronet