What's Plaka like?
There are lots of things that visitors like about Plaka, especially its restaurants and museums. Make sure that you enjoy this walkable neighbourhood's great bars and shops. Take in some culture at Jewish Museum of Greece and Athens Gallery. There's plenty more to see, including Theatre of Dionysus and Tower of the Winds.
How to get to Plaka
Plaka is located 0.9 mi (1.5 km) from the heart of Athens.
- Athens (ATH-Eleftherios Venizelos), 12.1 mi (19.5 km) from Plaka
Things to see and do in and around Plaka
What to see in Plaka
- Theatre of Dionysus
- Tower of the Winds
- Roman Agora
- Choragic Monument of Lysicrates
- Church of Saint Catherine
Things to do in Plaka
- Jewish Museum of Greece
- Adrianou Street
- Maria Callas Museum
- Athens Gallery
- Technis Theater
Other popular Plaka attractions
- Church of Saint Nikolaos Rangavas
- Philomousou Etairias Square
- Dora Stratou Greek Dances Theater
- Frissiras Museum
- Museum of Greek Folk Art
When is the best time to visit Athens?