What's Ballard like?
In Ballard, you can spend time visiting the gardens or simply enjoy the coffee shops. You'll find a selection of bars and shops in the neighbourhood. While you're here, you can spend a relaxing day at Hiram M. Chittenden Locks and Golden Gardens Park. There's plenty more to see, including Shilshole Bay Marina and Ballard Building.
How to get to Ballard
Ballard is located 5.6 mi (9.1 km) from the heart of Seattle.
- Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA), 16.7 mi (26.9 km) from Ballard
- Seattle, WA (LKE-Lake Union Seaplane Base), 4.3 mi (6.9 km) from Ballard
- Seattle, WA (BFI-Boeing Field), 10.5 mi (16.9 km) from Ballard
Things to see and do in and around Ballard
What to see in Ballard
- Shilshole Bay Marina
- Hiram M. Chittenden Locks
- Golden Gardens Park
- Ballard Building
- Portland Building
Things to do in Ballard
- National Nordic Museum
- Carl S. English Botanical Park
Other popular Ballard attractions
- Ballard Farmers Market
- Sunset Hill Park
- Bergen Place Park
- GS Sanborn Building
- 28th Avenue Northwest Street End Park
When is the best time to visit Seattle?