What's Acton like?
In Acton, you can spend time visiting the gardens or simply enjoy the bars. You'll find a selection of cafes and restaurants in the neighbourhood. Take in some culture at National Film & Sound Archive and National Museum of Australia. There's plenty more to see, including Lake Burley Griffin and CSIRO Discovery Centre.
How to get to Acton
Acton is located 0.5 mi (0.8 km) from the heart of Canberra.
- Canberra, ACT (CBR-Canberra Intl.), 4.5 mi (7.2 km) from Acton
Things to see and do in and around Acton
What to see in Acton
- Australian National University
- National Film & Sound Archive
- Lake Burley Griffin
- Black Mountain Nature Reserve
Things to do in Acton
- National Museum of Australia
- CSIRO Discovery Centre
When is the best time to visit Canberra?
- Hottest months: January, February, December, March (average 19°C)
- Coldest months: July, June, August, September (average 7°C)
- Rainiest months: October, August, March, June (average 56 mm of rainfall)