What's Kings Cross like?
There are lots of things that visitors like about Kings Cross, especially its cafes. Make sure that you enjoy this walkable neighbourhood's great restaurants and shops. Take time to see places such as William Street and El Alamein Fountain while you're here. There's plenty more to see, including Hayes Theatre and Fitzroy Gardens.
How to get to Kings Cross
Kings Cross is located 1 mi (1.5 km) from the heart of Sydney.
- Sydney Airport (SYD), 5.4 mi (8.7 km) from Kings Cross
Things to see and do in and around Kings Cross
What to see in Kings Cross
- William Street
- El Alamein Fountain
- Fitzroy Gardens
Things to do near Kings Cross:
- Hayes Theatre (0.3 mi/0.5 km away)
- Sydney Opera House (1.3 mi/2 km away)
- Sydney Jewish Museum (0.4 mi/0.6 km away)
- Art Gallery of New South Wales (0.5 mi/0.9 km away)
- Australian Museum (0.6 mi/1 km away)
When is the best time to visit Sydney?
- Hottest months: January, February, December, March (average 23°C)
- Coldest months: July, August, June, September (average 16°C)
- Rainiest months: March, February, June, January (average 142 mm of rainfall)