What's Ueno like?
There are lots of things that visitors like about Ueno, especially its shops. Make sure that you enjoy this walkable neighbourhood's great restaurants. Take time to see places such as Ameyoko Market and Ameya-Yokochō while you're here. There's plenty more to see, including Suzumoto Theater and Tokudaiji Temple.
How to get to Ueno
Ueno is located 2.2 mi (3.5 km) from the heart of Tokyo.
- Tokyo (HND-Haneda), 11.2 mi (18.1 km) from Ueno
Travelling to Ueno by train
You'll find the following train stations in the neighbourhood:
- Ueno Station
- Keisei-Ueno Station
- Okachimachi Station
Getting to Ueno on the metro
Stations in the neighbourhood include:
- Ueno-okachimachi Station
- Ueno-hirokoji Station
Things to see and do in and around Ueno
Things to see near Ueno:
- Tokudaiji Temple (0.2 mi/0.4 km away)
- Tokyo Dome (1.4 mi/2.3 km away)
- Tokyo Tower (4.1 mi/6.5 km away)
- Sensō-ji Temple (1.1 mi/1.8 km away)
- Tokyo Skytree (1.9 mi/3.1 km away)
Things to do in Ueno
- Ameyoko Market
- Suzumoto Theater