What's West Melbourne like?
There are lots of things that visitors like about West Melbourne, especially its shops. You'll find a selection of cafes and restaurants in the neighbourhood. Take time to see places such as Festival Hall and Flagstaff Gardens while you're here. Crown Casino and Entertainment Complex is one not-to-be-missed sight nearby.
How to get to West Melbourne
West Melbourne is located 1.9 mi (3.1 km) from the heart of Melbourne.
- Melbourne Airport (MEL), 10.5 mi (16.8 km) from West Melbourne
- Melbourne, VIC (MEB-Essendon), 5.8 mi (9.3 km) from West Melbourne
- Melbourne, VIC (AVV-Avalon), 29 mi (46.6 km) from West Melbourne
Things to see and do in and around West Melbourne
Things to see near West Melbourne:
- Flagstaff Gardens (1.5 mi/2.4 km away)
- Marvel Stadium (1.3 mi/2 km away)
- Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre (1.9 mi/3 km away)
- Royal Park (2 mi/3.2 km away)
- State Library of Victoria (2 mi/3.2 km away)
Things to do near West Melbourne:
- Festival Hall (1.1 mi/1.8 km away)
- Crown Casino and Entertainment Complex (2 mi/3.2 km away)
- The District Docklands (0.7 mi/1.1 km away)
- Flemington Racecourse (1.5 mi/2.5 km away)
- Queen Victoria Market (1.6 mi/2.6 km away)
When is the best time to visit Melbourne?
- Hottest months: February, January, March, December (average 18°C)
- Coldest months: July, June, August, September (average 10°C)
- Rainiest months: June, May, January, February (average 29 mm of rainfall)