What's Chinatown like?
There are lots of things that visitors like about Chinatown, especially its restaurants and Chinatown. Make sure that you enjoy this walkable neighbourhood's great shops. With a trip to Orchard Street Shopping District or Wing Fat Shopping Mall, you might find the perfect souvenir. There's plenty more to see, including Mahayana Buddhist Temple and Eldridge Street Synagogue.
How to get to Chinatown
Chinatown is located 0.5 mi (0.8 km) from the heart of New York.
- John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK), 12.3 mi (19.8 km) from Chinatown
- Newark, NJ (EWR-Liberty Intl.), 9.6 mi (15.5 km) from Chinatown
- LaGuardia Airport (LGA), 7.7 mi (12.4 km) from Chinatown
Things to see and do in and around Chinatown
What to see in Chinatown
- Mahayana Buddhist Temple
- Eldridge Street Synagogue
- New York Supreme Criminal Court
- Eastern States Buddhist Temple
- Edward Mooney House
Things to do in Chinatown
- Orchard Street Shopping District
- Wing Fat Shopping Mall
- Museum of Chinese in Americas
- Museum at Eldridge Street
- Art in General
Other popular Chinatown attractions
- Mariners Temple Baptist Church
- Collect Pond Park
- Sara D. Roosevelt Park
When is the best time to visit New York?