What's The Avenues like?
If you're in search of the perfect part of the city to explore, why not visit The Avenues? Take time to see places such as Wasatch-Cache National Forest and Utah Governor's Mansion while you're here. Temple Square and Utah State Capitol are a couple of popular sights nearby.
How to get to The Avenues
The Avenues is located 2.4 mi (3.9 km) from the heart of Salt Lake City.
- Salt Lake City International Airport (SLC), 6.7 mi (10.8 km) from The Avenues
- Ogden, UT (OGD-Ogden Regional), 29.3 mi (47.1 km) from The Avenues
Things to see and do in and around The Avenues
What to see in The Avenues
- University of Utah
- Wasatch-Cache National Forest
- Utah Governor's Mansion
- Red Butte Canyon Research Natural Area
Things to do near The Avenues:
- City Creek Center (2.3 mi/3.7 km away)
- Eccles Theater (2.4 mi/3.8 km away)
- Hogle Zoo (3.2 mi/5.2 km away)
- Natural History Museum of Utah (2.2 mi/3.6 km away)
- Family History Library (2.3 mi/3.8 km away)
When is the best time to visit Salt Lake City?
- Hottest months: July, August, June, September (average 23°C)
- Coldest months: January, December, February, November (average 1°C)
- Rainiest months: April, May, March, October (average 46 mm of rainfall)