What's Old Town Takayama like?
In Old Town Takayama, you can spend time exploring the historical sites, restaurants and shops. Enjoy the neighbourhood's rich culture and river views. Take in some culture at Takayama Showa Kan and Kusakabe Folk Museum. There's plenty more to see, including Miyagawa Morning Market and Shiroyama Park.
Things to see and do in and around Old Town Takayama
What to see in Old Town Takayama
- Shiroyama Park
- Chubu-Sangaku National Park
- Takayama Traditional Buildings Preservation Area
- Kusakabe Folk Museum
- Yoshijima House
Things to do in Old Town Takayama
- Miyagawa Morning Market
- Shirakabe Dozogai
- Takayama Showa Kan
- Takayama Traditional Culture and Crafts Square
- Fujii Folk Museum
Other popular Old Town Takayama attractions
- Museum of Local History
- Takayama Sky Park
When is the best time to visit Takayama?
- Hottest months: August, July, June, September (average 19°C)
- Coldest months: January, February, December, March (average -5°C)
- Rainiest months: July, August, September, June (average 443 mm of rainfall)