What's Avondale like?
If you're looking for the perfect area to explore, why not visit Avondale? Visit places such as Calderwood Valley Golf Course and Croom Regional Sporting Complex when you venture just outside the neighbourhood. Historical Aircraft Restoration Society Museum and Elizabeth Brownlee Reserve are a couple of places to see nearby.
How to get to Avondale
Avondale is located 11.6 mi (18.7 km) from the heart of Wollongong.
- Shellharbour, NSW (WOL), 4.1 mi (6.7 km) from Avondale
Things to see and do in and around Avondale
Things to see near Avondale:
- Croom Regional Sporting Complex (4.9 mi/7.9 km away)
- Corse R Concepts Motorcycle School (3.8 mi/6.2 km away)
- Elizabeth Brownlee Reserve (4.2 mi/6.8 km away)
Things to do near Avondale:
- Calderwood Valley Golf Course (2.1 mi/3.4 km away)
- Historical Aircraft Restoration Society Museum (4.2 mi/6.8 km away)
- The Australian Motorlife Museum (4.6 mi/7.4 km away)
When is the best time to visit Wollongong?
- Hottest months: November, December, January, February (average 20°C)
- Coldest months: July, August, June, September (average 12°C)
- Rainiest months: November, February, December, April (average 84 mm of rainfall)