What's Lake Illawarra like?
If you're looking for the perfect part of the city to explore, why not consider Lake Illawarra? Take time to see the sights such as Warilla Beach while you're here. Stocklands Shellharbour and Port Kembla Golf Club are a couple of places to see nearby.
How to get to Lake Illawarra
Lake Illawarra is located 8.3 mi (13.4 km) from the heart of Wollongong.
- Shellharbour, NSW (WOL), 4.1 mi (6.6 km) from Lake Illawarra
Things to see and do in and around Lake Illawarra
Things to see near Lake Illawarra:
- Warilla Beach (1.1 mi/1.7 km away)
- North Beach (1.8 mi/2.9 km away)
- Shellharbour South Beach (3.1 mi/5 km away)
- Berkeley Nature Reserve (3.5 mi/5.6 km away)
- The Farm (4.3 mi/7 km away)
Things to do near Lake Illawarra:
- Stocklands Shellharbour (1.9 mi/3.1 km away)
- Port Kembla Golf Club (2.6 mi/4.2 km away)
- Links Shell Cove Golf Course (3.9 mi/6.3 km away)
- Historical Aircraft Restoration Society Museum (4.1 mi/6.5 km away)
When is the best time to visit Wollongong?
- Hottest months: January, February, December, March (average 22°C)
- Coldest months: July, August, June, September (average 14°C)
- Rainiest months: March, February, November, January (average 150 mm of rainfall)