What's Canberra City Centre like?
There are lots of things that visitors like about Canberra City Centre, especially its restaurants. Travellers like this walkable neighbourhood for its fantastic lake views. Take in some culture at Canberra Museum and Gallery and Canberra Theatre Centre. There's plenty more to see, including Civic Square and City Hill.
How to get to Canberra City Centre
- Canberra, ACT (CBR-Canberra Intl.), 3.9 mi (6.3 km) from Canberra City Centre
Things to see and do in and around Canberra City Centre
What to see in Canberra City Centre
- Civic Square
- City Hill
- Glebe Park
- National Convention Centre
- Australian National University
Things to do in Canberra City Centre
- Canberra Museum and Gallery
- Canberra Theatre Centre
- Canberra Centre
- Canberra Merry-Go-Round
- National Film & Sound Archive
Other popular Canberra City Centre attractions
- Commonwealth Park
- Canberra City Church
When is the best time to visit Canberra?
- Hottest months: January, February, December, March (average 21°C)
- Coldest months: July, August, June, September (average 8°C)
- Rainiest months: November, October, February, December (average 88 mm of rainfall)