What's West Philadelphia like?
People go to West Philadelphia to see attractions such as Philadelphia Zoo and to explore its green spaces such as Fairmount Park.
Enjoy the neighbourhood's art scene, museums and entertainment venues. Philadelphia Museum of Art and Please Touch Museum are a couple of popular sights that will definitely leave an impression.
How to get to West Philadelphia
West Philadelphia is located 3.3 mi (5.4 km) from the heart of Philadelphia.
- Philadelphia International Airport (PHL), 6.8 mi (10.9 km) from West Philadelphia
- Blue Bell, PA (BBX-Wings Field), 11.3 mi (18.2 km) from West Philadelphia
- Philadelphia, PA (PNE-Northeast Philadelphia), 13.2 mi (21.2 km) from West Philadelphia
Travelling to West Philadelphia by train
You'll find the following train stations in the neighbourhood:
- Philadelphia Wynnefield Avenue Station
- Philadelphia Bala Station
- Philadelphia Overbrook Station
Getting to West Philadelphia on the metro
Stations in the neighbourhood include:
- 52nd St. Station
- 56th St. Station
- 46th St. Station
Things to see and do in and around West Philadelphia
What to see in West Philadelphia
- University of Pennsylvania
- Fairmount Park
- Drexel University
- Benjamin Franklin Parkway
- St. Joseph's University
Things to do in West Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Zoo
- Philadelphia Museum of Art
- Please Touch Museum
- Mann Center for the Performing Arts
- Institute of Contemporary Art