What's Covent Garden like?
Visitors really like Covent Garden, especially its theatre scene, shops and picturesque gardens. Take time to enjoy the neighbourhood's entertainment choices and selection of bars. Learn about local heritage at landmarks such as Covent Garden Market and Royal Opera House. There's plenty more to see, including The Strand and Theatre Royal Drury Lane.
How to get to Covent Garden
Covent Garden is located 0.4 mi (0.6 km) from the heart of London.
- Heathrow Airport (LHR), 14.3 mi (23.1 km) from Covent Garden
- London (LCY-London City), 7.5 mi (12 km) from Covent Garden
- Gatwick Airport (LGW), 24.6 mi (39.7 km) from Covent Garden
Things to see and do in and around Covent Garden
What to see in Covent Garden
- Covent Garden Market
- Royal Opera House
- Aldwych Theatre
- Shaftesbury Avenue
- London School of Economics and Political Science
Things to do in Covent Garden
- The Strand
- Theatre Royal Drury Lane
- Lyceum Theatre
- De Vere Grand Connaught Rooms
Other popular Covent Garden attractions
- St. Paul's Church
- London Transport Museum
- Fortune Theatre
- Duchess Theatre
- Donmar Warehouse
When is the best time to visit London?