The location was amazing, but not worth it for the bed bugs, disgusting smells and overpriced accommodation. When we arrived and opened the door it smelled like a combination of someone's sweaty armpits, toilet waste and cigarette butts. The built-in kitchen facility was ok to use, but it felt really rude that they threatened to charge an additional $50 fee if you didn't wash, dry and put away your dishes.
The worst thing though was being woken by my 9 year old son in the middle of the night upset and complaining of itchiness - all over his body. We'd managed to avoid getting bitten by mosquitos and other biting insects on the rest of our 10 day Northern Queensland trip - but on this last night, which was supposed to be our beautiful, peaceful farewell and close to our holiday ... my son got bitten very badly by bed bugs covering every part of his body with itchy bites. We felt awful and had all of us sleeping restlessly for the rest of the night crammed in the only clean bed in the cabin.
I never leave bad reviews, but the discomfort and potential health issues of bed bug bites for my son made me cross enough to let you all know, this is not a place I would ever recommend or stay at again - and the price....! We stayed at a 5 star hotel in Cairns cheaper ...! If we'd have known, we would have gone back to Cairns and stayed somewhere much cleaner, less stinky and less gross. Would not recommend this place. At all.