The air conditioning was broken so a portable unit was in the room instead. It had leaked on the floor in two large places and was still wet to touch. It smelled very mouldy and sour in the room even with the windows open. We asked the two staff members at the front desk how to set up the portable air con, but neither knew how or provided any further help. The portable air con had a broken tube and a clear pipe dripping water. It seemingly couldn't be moved close to the beds so the cool air just went out the window. It was advertised as an air conditioned room so we were a bit annoyed at the humidity and mosquitoes that we paid for instead with no accommodations made by staff to actively help.
We were given two key cards to unlock the room, one didn't work at all and the other was temperamental. When we were checking in another hostel guest also had to swap his key card for a new one as his wasn't working, so this might be a common issue.
One of the two beds in the room had dirty sheets with dust and hair on it.
There were cobwebs in the room, and during the night when turning over in bed a slat on the bed fell off.
There aren't signs to the shared bathrooms and on check-in no staff explained where they were. The bathrooms are dirty, and there are many torn, wet or fraying signs and posters throughout the hostel.
On Expedia the hostel is advertised as "free wifi for every room", however staff said there is only free internet for a couple of hours in the lounge.