Found a better price?
Let us know and we’ll match it.More infoOpens in a new window
Villa in Marsala
2 Double Sofa Beds
1 Double Bed
1 Double Bed
1 Double Bed
Remember, collect 10 stamps, get 1 reward* night
Rental basis: Entire house or apartment
Number of bedrooms: 4; Number of other rooms with beds: 0
In the Contrada S. Leonardo, Casale located in the Municipality of Marsala falling adjacent to the Natural Reserve of the Islands of Stagnone, where is the famous island of Mothia, at a distance from the sea of about 250 meters.
The whole area is recognized by historians as the Punic mother, since the island represented the maximum Carthaginian outpost during the Punic Wars. Mothia was destroyed by the tyrant of Syracuse Dionigio in 203 A.c. after having kept it under siege for years on the mainland and from that date the city of Lilybeo was born nearby, the current Marsala (called the name Marsala comes to it during the Arab domination by Marsa Allà = Port of God).
The building, typical of Sicilian rural architecture, has been restructured through the necessary authorizations issued by the various authorities (Urban Planning Office, Hygiene Office, Civil Engineers, Superintendence for Cultural and Environmental Heritage) and the works were carried out regularly obtaining the Certificate of final habitability.
For the renovation of the building, techniques and materials have been used that have allowed the respect of the Sicilian rural tradition, behind also the particular requirements of the Superintendence for Cultural and Environmental Heritage "of Trapani:
- indoor and outdoor flooring of the building (and part of the cladding) made of clay bricks from the ancient stazzuni, the factories where the clay was manually kneaded and put on antique wooden molds, dried in the sun and, after the summer season, fired on old refractory bricks silos fed by vine fires; A centuries-old process that still resists in very few centers in Sicily and, according to tradition, coming from the time of Arab domination.
The floor maintenance interventions will then take place with the application of raw wax diluted in percentage with turpentine and subsequent ordinary washing with Marseille soap;
- roofs finished with Sicilian terracotta tiles, also made exclusively by hand and made directly from the stazzuni;
- external civil plaster formed by the first coat of lime mortar, crushed stone and sand, second hand of freehand crossing and last hand of lime spatula always free hand according to the Mediterranean tradition; The dominant color, being exposed slabs treated with lime, is white in the totality of the surfaces;
- internal plaster made with first coat of rustic scratch coat made of lime, cement and marble sand, second coat of civil crossing and last coat of lime plaster (lime milk), according to the ancient Mediterranean tradition of white color;
- external fixtures all strictly made of wood; Most of them are large fixed glass windows in bulletproof glass;
- internal fixtures (compasses), all in white lacquered wood, and armored entrance doors always covered in white lacquered wood;
The villa is as follows:
- ground floor of about 233 square meters: dining room, lounge, kitchen, two bedrooms and two bathrooms, as well as covered porches (161 square meters), pergola (44 square meters) and uncovered atrium (24 square meters);
- first floor of about 118 square meters: two bedrooms, study and bathroom.
Breakage deposit: EUR 163 per stay
All guests, including children, must be present at check-in and show their government-issued photo ID card or passport.
Cash transactions at this property cannot exceed EUR 1999.99, due to national regulations. For further details, please contact the property using information in the booking confirmation.