What's Burwood like?
If you want to find the perfect part of town to visit, consider Burwood. Explore the campus and area around Deakin University for a taste of student life. There's plenty more to see, including Wattle Park.
How to get to Burwood
Burwood is located 8.7 mi (14 km) from the heart of Melbourne.
- Melbourne Airport (MEL), 19.1 mi (30.7 km) from Burwood
- Melbourne, VIC (MEB-Essendon), 14.5 mi (23.4 km) from Burwood
Things to see and do in and around Burwood
What to see in Burwood
- Deakin University
- Wattle Park
Things to do near Burwood:
- Chadstone Shopping Mall (3 mi/4.9 km away)
- The Glen Shopping Centre (3.3 mi/5.4 km away)
- Doncaster Shopping Centre (4.6 mi/7.3 km away)
- Box Hill Central (2.2 mi/3.5 km away)
- Forest Hill Chase Shopping Centre (3 mi/4.8 km away)
When is the best time to visit Melbourne?
- Hottest months: February, January, March, December (average 18°C)
- Coldest months: July, June, August, September (average 10°C)
- Rainiest months: June, May, January, February (average 29 mm of rainfall)