What's South Wharf like?
There are lots of things that visitors like about South Wharf, especially its restaurants and riverfront access. Make sure that you enjoy this family-friendly neighbourhood's great shops. Take time to see places such as Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre and DFO South Wharf while you're here. There's plenty more to see, including Polly Woodside.
How to get to South Wharf
South Wharf is located 0.8 mi (1.3 km) from the heart of Melbourne.
- Melbourne Airport (MEL), 12.1 mi (19.5 km) from South Wharf
- Melbourne, VIC (MEB-Essendon), 7.4 mi (11.9 km) from South Wharf
- Melbourne, VIC (AVV-Avalon), 29.6 mi (47.6 km) from South Wharf
Things to see and do in and around South Wharf
What to see in South Wharf
- Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre
- Polly Woodside
Things to do near South Wharf:
- DFO South Wharf (0.1 mi/0.2 km away)
- Crown Casino (0.3 mi/0.4 km away)
- SEA LIFE Melbourne (0.5 mi/0.7 km away)
- South Melbourne Market (0.6 mi/0.9 km away)
- Collins Street (0.7 mi/1.1 km away)
When is the best time to visit Melbourne?
- Hottest months: January, February, December, March (average 21°C)
- Coldest months: July, August, June, September (average 11°C)
- Rainiest months: August, October, November, September (average 87 mm of rainfall)