Hotel Accommodation near Zojoji Temple, Tokyo, Japan
Search 19 hotels near Zojoji Temple, Tokyo, Japan
Get Secret Prices on selected hotels
These prices aren’t available to everyone.
- Tokyo Tower
- Keio University
- Roppongi Hills
- Tokyo Midtown
- Happoen Garden
- Akasaka Sacas
- Akasaka ACT Theater
- Suntory Hall
- Sengakuji Temple, Tokyo, Japan
- Akasaka Biz Tower
- Nezu Art Museum, Tokyo, Japan
- Shinagawa Prince Cinema
- World Trade Centre Building
- Old Shimbashi Station
- Mori Art Museum
- National Art Center Tokyo
- Shiba Park
- Tokyo Metropolitan Teien Art Museum
- Tokyo City View
Zojoji Temple, Tokyo, Japan Travel Course
Exploring Zojoji Temple
Standing next to Tokyo Tower, Zojoji Temple is the head temple of the Jodo sect of Japanese Buddhism in the Kanto Region. The temple was built in the year 1393 and moved to its present location in 1598 by Tokugawa Ieyasu who selected it as his family temple. A mausoleum of the Tokugawa family can be found on the temple grounds. Most of Zojoji's buildings are recent reconstructions except for the main entrance gate, the Sangedatsumon, which has survived the many past fires, earthquakes and wars and dates from 1622.
Accommodations near Zojoji Temple
When Tokyo comes to mind, it brings with it images of luxurious skyscraper hotels with all the extras, including the price tag. Yet Tokyo offers a huge variety of places to rest your head from traditional Japanese temple lodgings in the mountains to the latest in hotel convenience in mid-city capsule hotels. Nearby hotels include the The Prince Park Tower Tokyo, the Shiba Park Hotel and the Tokyo Prince Hotel.
Sightseeing near Zojoji Temple
- Hamarikyu Garden
- Hamarikyu GardenThis park, located at the mouth of the Sumida River, opened just after World War II ended. The park consists of a large, carefully manicured garden surrounding Shioiri Pond; the park was modeled after the gardens of a 17th-century Shogun family. In the middle of the pond is a teashop, which offers matcha and sweets in a tea-ceremony style. The gardens' beautiful landscaping and trimmed plum trees make the park a lovely place for a stroll.
Transportation near Zojoji Temple
The closest subway stations are Onarimon or Shibakoen Station on the Mita Subway Line and Daimon Station on the Oedo Subway Line. The temple can also be reached in a ten minute walk from Hamamatsucho Station on the JR Yamanote and JR Keihin-Tohoku Line.