What's Barton like?
There are lots of things that visitors like about Barton, especially its bars. Make sure that you enjoy this family-friendly neighbourhood's great restaurants. Take time to see places such as Lake Burley Griffin and Canberra Baptist Church while you're here. There's plenty more to see, including Greek Orthodox Church of St Nicholas and Merchant Navy Memorial.
How to get to Barton
Barton is located 1.9 mi (3.1 km) from the heart of Canberra.
- Canberra, ACT (CBR-Canberra Intl.), 3.2 mi (5.1 km) from Barton
Things to see and do in and around Barton
What to see in Barton
- Lake Burley Griffin
- Canberra Baptist Church
- Greek Orthodox Church of St Nicholas
- East Basin
- Jerrabomberra Wetland Nature Reserve
Things to do near Barton:
- Merchant Navy Memorial (0.4 mi/0.7 km away)
- National Portrait Gallery (0.5 mi/0.8 km away)
- National Gallery of Australia (0.5 mi/0.8 km away)
- Questacon (0.6 mi/1 km away)
- Manuka Shopping Centre (0.8 mi/1.4 km away)
When is the best time to visit Canberra?
- Hottest months: January, February, December, March (average 21°C)
- Coldest months: July, August, June, September (average 8°C)
- Rainiest months: November, October, February, December (average 88 mm of rainfall)