Your safety is our top priority
Hotels in Lakes Entrance
Why book with Hotels.com?
Where to stay in Lakes Entrance?
- Lakeside Motel Waterfront
Lakeside Motel Waterfront2.5-star
3.5 kilometers to city centreGuest rating9.0.Superb147 Hotels.com guest reviews
- Coastal Waters Motor Inn
Coastal Waters Motor Inn3.5-star
2.7 kilometers to city centreGuest rating9.6.Exceptional101 Hotels.com guest reviews
- Koonwarra Holiday Park
Koonwarra Holiday Park2-star
2.6 kilometers to city centreGuest rating8.2.Very good67 Hotels.com guest reviews
- Comfort Inn & Suites Lakes Entrance
Comfort Inn & Suites Lakes Entrance3-star
3.7 kilometers to city centreGuest rating8.2.Very good88 Hotels.com guest reviews
- Unit 4 at Ocean Bridge
Unit 4 at Ocean Bridge3.5-star
2.7 kilometers to city centre
- The North Star
The North Star3.5-star
2 kilometers to city centre
- Banjo Paterson Motor Inn
Banjo Paterson Motor Inn3-star
3.7 kilometers to city centreGuest rating7.8.Good99 Hotels.com guest reviews
- Allambi Holiday Apartments
Allambi Holiday Apartments3.5-star
2.7 kilometers to city centreGuest rating9.6.Exceptional35 Hotels.com guest reviews
- The Goat and Goose B&B
The Goat and Goose B&B3.5-star
2.6 kilometers to city centreGuest rating9.4.Exceptional46 Hotels.com guest reviews
- Cunningham Shore Motel
Cunningham Shore Motel3.5-star
2.6 kilometers to city centreGuest rating9.4.Exceptional92 Hotels.com guest reviews
- Sandbar Motel
2.7 kilometers to city centreGuest rating8.8.Fabulous92 Hotels.com guest reviews
- Sea For Miles
Sea For Miles3.5-star
2.4 kilometers to city centre
- Oceans 11
2.2 kilometers to city centre
- Eastern Views Beach House
Eastern Views Beach House4-star
2.5 kilometers to city centre
- The Fishermans Cottage
The Fishermans Cottage3-star
2.2 kilometers to city centre
Find out more about Lakes Entrance
Exploring Lakes Entrance
With its picture-perfect setting surrounded by deserted beaches and the Gippsland Lakes and their many rivers and tributaries, the holiday town of Lakes Entrance is the perfect place from which to explore Victoria State’s watery wonderland. The town, set on 90 Mile Beach, is still a fishing harbour, with its many trawlers making daily runs into the Southern Ocean and returning with the freshest possible seafood delights.The resort is well-known for its variety of water sports which take in the rivers and lakes, as well as the ocean, including catamaran sailing, canoeing, kayaking, and fishing, as well as diving, jet-skiing, and paddle–boating. Lakes Entrance is a favorite family holiday destination for its beaches, patrolled all summer-long by lifeguards to ensure safe swimming. Wilson’s Promontory National Park, with its marshes, valleys, beaches, swamps, and rainforest, gives glorious views, remote beauty, and great bushwalking trails.
The natural, mostly unspoiled, loveliness of the region is its main attraction, along with the typical flora, fauna, and birdlife. The beaches here are superb and generally uncrowded, and Lakes Entrance and other nearby lake and oceanside towns are historic, laid-back, and charming.
- Lake Tyers Forest ParkWith lovely Lake Tyers at its heart, the Lake Tyers Forest Park is a picturesque mix of wetlands, bushland, rainforest, and marine ecosystems set on a narrow coastal plain backing 90 Mile Beach. Surf and boat-based fishing, camping, bushwalking, and boating are the to-dos here, and canoeing along the back waterways is a rare treat for birders.
- Wyanga Park WineryOn the outskirts of Lakes Entrance you’ll find Wyanga Park Winery, which is popular with visitors for its interesting wine tours and quaint little restaurant serving delicious food under the vines. Low-key wine-tasting, friendly owners and an unpretentious setting make this an enjoyable day out.
- Nyerimilang Heritage ParkA historic homestead, a farmhouse, and amazing views across the town and the ocean await visitors to this heritage bushland park with its walking trails and working farm. Kangaroos, wombats, and a wide variety of bird species can be spotted, and the café and picnic site are perfect places for a refuelling stop.
- Stoney Creek Trestle BridgeSet on a turn between Lakes Entrance and Lake Tyers, this picturesque wooden railway bridge is a true remnant of Australia’s early colonial days. There’s a viewing platform at the head of the embankment where you can stand and wonder how early bridge-builders managed to get the huge wooden supports into place.
- Buchan CavesThe underground wonderland of Buchan Caves makes for a good daytrip from Lakes Entrance, with the Fairy Cave and the Royal Cave both spectacular for their rock formations and mysterious twists and turns. Guides accompany visitors, giving an overview of the caverns’ millennia of history, and kids and adults alike rate this as one of the region’s most fascinating attractions.
Eating and drinking and shopping nearby
Lakes Entrance is home to all kinds of restaurants, from gourmet venues to small, intimate cafés and eateries set along the harbor serving dishes created from the morning’s catch of delicious seafood. Authentic Australian country-style meals are filling and meat-heavy, and international culinary delights from Europe, Asia, and India are found in the town as well as in hotels. Centrepoint Arcade and the Esplanade Shopping Centre are the main retail hubs in town, and smaller stores offer unique souvenirs, including local cheeses and wines. Lakes Entrance hotels near amenities are the Allambi Holiday Apartments and the Econolodge Absolute.
Lakes Entrance has a bus network serving cross-town routes and links to other nearby beauty spots, towns, and places of interest. Taxi travel is an alternative, but self-drive is the best way to see all there is to view in this stunning region.
We do more than just hotels...
Not sure where to go? Here are some popular destinations you may like
- Lake Tyers Beach
Not found the right property yet? Explore other destinations or refine your current search further.
Top cities in Australia
- Melbourne Hotels
- Sydney Hotels
- Gold Coast Hotels
- Brisbane Hotels
- Canberra Hotels
- Adelaide Hotels
- Perth Hotels
- Hotels near Lakes Entrance Visitor Information Centre, Lakes Entrance
- Hotels near Griffith's Sea Shell Museum and Marine Display, Lakes Entrance
- Pet Friendly Hotels in Lakes Entrance
- Parking available Hotels in Lakes Entrance
- WiFi included Hotels in Lakes Entrance
- Pool Hotels in Lakes Entrance
- Kitchen Hotels in Lakes Entrance
Top rated Lakes Entrance Hotels
- Lazy Acre Log Cabins
- Jetty Road
- The Point
- Banksia Waters - A two-story house with magnificent views of the North Arm and onto Lakes Entrance
- Apartments on Church - Unit 7
Recently added Lakes Entrance Hotels
- Nestled in a peaceful corner of Lakes Entrance is this classic tranquil getaw
- The North Star
- Holiday House in Lakes Entrance for Rent
- Unit 4 @ Ocean Bridge - Cosy unit ideal for families or small groups
- Unit 4 at Ocean Bridge
Other Lakes Entrance Hotels
- Magnificent ocean view over the 90 Mile Beach in Lakes Entrance, Victoria
- Perfectly equipped for your next family getaway
- Situated in a quiet corner of Lakes Entrance
- Lakes Entrance holiday house
- Unit 2 at Ocean Bridge
Cities near to Lakes Entrance