Your safety is our top priority
Hotels in Taipei
Why book with Hotels.com?
Where to stay in Taipei?
- Caesar Metro Taipei
Caesar Metro Taipei4-starVIP
Wanhua5 kilometers to city centreGuest rating8.6.Fabulous2,642 Hotels.com guest reviews
- San Want Hotel Taipei
San Want Hotel Taipei4-star
Daan0.4 kilometer to city centreGuest rating8.0.Very good486 Hotels.com guest reviews
- Hotel Papa Whale
Hotel Papa Whale3.5-starVIP
Ximending4.4 kilometers to city centreGuest rating8.2.Very good1,415 Hotels.com guest reviews
- Hotel Midtown Richardson
Hotel Midtown Richardson4-star
Ximending4 kilometers to city centreGuest rating7.6.Good3,170 Hotels.com guest reviews
- Finders Hotel
Ximending3.6 kilometers to city centreGuest rating8.8.Fabulous1,417 Hotels.com guest reviews
- Taipei M Hotel - Main station
Taipei M Hotel - Main station3.5-star
Ximending3.7 kilometers to city centreGuest rating8.0.Very good2,441 Hotels.com guest reviews
- citizenM Taipei North Gate
citizenM Taipei North Gate4-star
Ximending4 kilometers to city centreGuest rating8.8.Fabulous2,018 Hotels.com guest reviews
- Hotel Resonance Taipei, Tapestry Collection by Hilton
Hotel Resonance Taipei, Tapestry Collection by Hilton4-star
Zhongzheng2.7 kilometers to city centreGuest rating9.4.Exceptional219 Hotels.com guest reviews
- The Howard Plaza Hotel Taipei
The Howard Plaza Hotel Taipei4.5-star
Daan0.6 kilometer to city centreGuest rating8.6.Fabulous609 Hotels.com guest reviews
- Brother Hotel
Songshan1.6 kilometers to city centreGuest rating9.0.Superb832 Hotels.com guest reviews
- Golden China Hotel
Golden China Hotel4-star
Zhongshan2.9 kilometers to city centreGuest rating8.4.Very good492 Hotels.com guest reviews
- The Grand Hotel
The Grand Hotel4.5-star
Zhongshan4.9 kilometers to city centreGuest rating8.8.Fabulous1,140 Hotels.com guest reviews
- Grand Hyatt Taipei
Grand Hyatt Taipei5-star
Xinyi1.4 kilometers to city centreGuest rating8.8.Fabulous864 Hotels.com guest reviews
- FX Hotel Taipei Nanjing East Road Branch
FX Hotel Taipei Nanjing East Road Branch4-star
Songshan1.8 kilometers to city centreGuest rating8.2.Very good1,430 Hotels.com guest reviews
- Green World Hotel Zhonghua
Green World Hotel Zhonghua3.5-starVIP
Ximending4.1 kilometers to city centreGuest rating8.2.Very good1,539 Hotels.com guest reviews
Transport in Taipei
Looking to stay near the airport, train station or other popular transport hubs? Find properties near
Find out more about Taipei
If traveling from MEL to TPE, how long can you expect to be in the air?
Flying from MEL to TPE typically takes about nine hours and 25 minutes.
Do travelers from Melbourne typically stay in Taipei for very long?
Passengers from MEL to TPE stay one week on average.
What price range should you expect when booking from Melbourne (MEL) to Taipei (TPE)?
Prices for this trip tend to change much more than other flights from Australia. They can range anywhere from $498 to $4,302. The further out you book a route, the more likely you are to save.
When is the best time to visit?
Taipei is a year-round destination with mild weather even in winter (Nov–Feb), though many visitors arrive in summer (Jun–Aug), when the weather is hot and humid. Typhoons are possible Jun–Oct.
Taipei has grown immensely from its days as a trading port in the 1700s and today boasts tremendous wealth. Most of the growth has happened since the founding of the island capital in 1949 and it is now one of massive skyscrapers, endless shopping options, and many beautiful Qing Dynasty temples.
Taipei sits in the north of Taiwan in a bowl between two mountain ranges and is divided into several distinct districts. The western districts are old Taipei, typified by small streets and old merchant's shops, while the east is modern consisting of classy malls, restaurants, hotels and Taipei 101.
Accommodations in Taipei
There is a range of options for all travelers. The most popular hotel in Taipei is the Sunshine Apartment, which has been booked &TravellersChoiceBooked1 times from our Hotels.com verified guests. Our guests also highly recommended Hotel Metropolitan Premier Taipei in Taipei as it has been reserved &TravellersChoiceBooked2 times.
Sightseeing in Taipei
Taipei has a great range of attractions, from astonishingly beautiful old temples to grandiose skyscrapers and safari park-like zoos. In fact, you'd be hard pushed to find anything better in one city in mainland China. Plus everything is kept spotlessly clean and well maintained.
There are attractions worth seeing in all districts, including Taipei's mega structure Taipei 101 in Xinyi, Longshan Temple in Wanhua, and the vaunted National Palace Museum in Shilin. Most attractions can also be seen on foot and the expansive MRT train network is highly efficient and covers the majority of the main sights in the Taiwan capital.
Transportation in Taipei
Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport (TPE) is served by a variety of public buses and an express shuttle. The shuttle leaves every 15 minutes (05:30 to 01:30) and is the best option cost wise, while the public buses are cheapest and run to Taipei Train Station. Taxis operate on a queue system at both terminals and are efficient, yet pricy.
Taipei's public transportation system is reliable and efficient, with a mass rapid transit system covering much of the important parts of town and clean and efficient buses that have their own lanes.
We do more than just hotels...
Short-stay apartments and other serviced properties
The best of both hotels and apartments
Smaller cosy establishments with breakfast included
Quick and easy roadside rooms for resting while in transit
Youth hostels and other backpacker accommodation
Holiday resorts and all-inclusive hotels with spa, pool or private beaches
Authentic guest houses ready for your next stay
Not sure where to go? Here are some popular destinations you may like
- New Taipei City
- Taoyuan City
- Hualien City
Not found the right property yet? Explore other destinations or refine your current search further.
Top cities in Taiwan
- Kaohsiung Hotels
- Taichung Hotels
- New Taipei City Hotels
- Tainan Hotels
- Yuchi Hotels
- Hengchun Hotels
- Jiaoxi Hotels
- Yilan Hotels
- Jiufen Hotels
- Alishan Hotels
- Taitung Hotels
- Hotels near Ningxia Night Market, Taipei
- Hotels near Beitou Hot Springs Park, Taipei
- Hotels near Wulai Old Street, New Taipei City
- Hotels near Taipei City Hall, Taipei
- Hotels near Grand Hotel, Taipei
- Hotels near National Taiwan Normal University, Taipei
- Hotels near Yangmingshan National Park, New Taipei City
- Hotels near Taipei County Stadium, New Taipei City
- Hotels near Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Park, Taipei
- Hotels near Sun Yat-Sen Memorial Hall, Taipei
- Hotels near Songshan, Taipei
- Hotels near Sanchong, New Taipei City
- Hotels near Wanli, New Taipei City
- Hotels near Ruifang, New Taipei City
- Hotels near Wenshan, Taipei
- Hotels near Nangang, Taipei
- Hotels near Datong, Taipei
- Hotels near Zhonghe, New Taipei City
- Hotels near Xinzhuang, New Taipei City
- Hotels near Neihu, Taipei
- Hotels near Jinshan, New Taipei City
- Hotels near Shulin, New Taipei City
- Hotels near Sanxia, New Taipei City
- Hotels near Yonghe, New Taipei City
- Hotels near Tucheng, New Taipei City
- Four Star Hotels in Taipei
- Five Star Hotels in Taipei
- Three Star Hotels in Taipei
- Two Star Hotels in Taipei
- One Star Hotels in Taipei
- Hot Springs Hotels in Taipei
- Shopping Hotels in Taipei
- Business Hotels in Taipei
- LGBTQ Welcoming Hotels in Taipei
- Beach Hotels in Taipei
- Boutique Hotels in Taipei
- Apartments in Taipei
- Apart-hotels in Taipei
- B&Bs in Taipei
- Motels in Taipei
- Hostels in Taipei
- Resorts in Taipei
- Guest houses in Taipei
- Breakfast included Hotels in Taipei
- WiFi included Hotels in Taipei
- Pool Hotels in Taipei
- Parking available Hotels in Taipei
- Gym Hotels in Taipei
- Pet Friendly Hotels in Taipei
- Kitchen Hotels in Taipei
- In-room accessibility Hotels in Taipei
Top rated Taipei Hotels
Recently added Taipei Hotels
- Citylink Serivice Apartment Short-term Rental
- CITYLINK NEIHU MRT TECHNOLOGY PARK SHORT TERM RENTAL
- CHECKinn Select Taipei NanGang
- CHECKinn Taipei Station
Other Taipei Hotels
Cities near to Taipei