What's Sumner like?
If you're in search of the perfect part of the city to explore, look no further than Sumner. Take time to see places such as Sumner Beach and Cave Rock while you're here. There's plenty more to see, including Godley Head Lighthouse.
How to get to Sumner
Sumner is located 7.5 mi (12 km) from the heart of Christchurch.
- Christchurch International Airport (CHC), 13.2 mi (21.2 km) from Sumner
Things to see and do in and around Sumner
What to see in Sumner
- Sumner Beach
- Cave Rock
- Godley Head Lighthouse
Things to do near Sumner:
- Ferrymead Heritage Park (3.4 mi/5.5 km away)
- Lyttelton Farmers Market (2.4 mi/3.9 km away)
- Caddyshack City (4.6 mi/7.3 km away)
- Lyttelton Museum (2.4 mi/3.9 km away)
- Tamaki Heritage Village (2.9 mi/4.6 km away)
When is the best time to visit Christchurch?
- Hottest months: January, February, December, November (average 15°C)
- Coldest months: July, June, August, May (average 7°C)
- Rainiest months: June, October, November, December (average 89 mm of rainfall)