What's Thornton like?
If you want to find the perfect area to explore, look no further than Thornton. Places to visit such as Maitland Gaol and Hunter Region Botanic Gardens are not far away. As you expand your exploration, why not visit Hexham Swamp Nature Reserve.
How to get to Thornton
Thornton is located 6.2 mi (10 km) from the heart of Maitland.
- Newcastle, NSW (NTL-Williamtown), 11.6 mi (18.7 km) from Thornton
Things to see and do in and around Thornton
Things to see near Thornton:
- Maitland Gaol (4 mi/6.4 km away)
- Hexham Swamp Nature Reserve (4.9 mi/8 km away)
When is the best time to visit Maitland?
- Hottest months: January, February, December, March (average 22°C)
- Coldest months: July, August, June, September (average 14°C)
- Rainiest months: February, November, January, March (average 89 mm of rainfall)