Built in 1910, the former mansion now known as The Glidden House in Cleveland, Ohio, is across the street from The Cleveland Botanical Garden and a half-mile from the campus of Case Western Reserve University. The Glass House and the Shafran Planetarium are within a few blocks of the property.
Complimentary European-style hot and cold buffet breakfasts are served at The Glidden House each morning and bold flavors are featured at Sergio's, which offers Brazilian cuisine and fresh seafood entrees. Business services, conference rooms and banquet facilities are available, as is complimentary wireless Internet access in public areas. Discounted passes are provided by the property to a nearby fitness center. Onsite parking is available (surcharge). The Glidden House is a smoke-free hotel.
Exuding comfort and modernity, the 52 non-smoking guestrooms and 8 suites are ornate with deep redwood-stained furnishings, smart fabrics in contrasting patterns, bi-colored walls in pale saffron and royal blue with golden fleur-de-lis, framed prints, upholstered chairs and accents in crisp white, burgundy and warm reds. Each offers a 42-inch plasma cable television with premium movie channels, complimentary wireless Internet access, and complimentary newspapers. Bathrooms contain granite vanities, bathrobes, and designer toiletries. Adjoining rooms are available per request.